Saturday, March 19, 2011

channeling my negativity

I've been grumpy for the last 32 years or so. I have decided that it might be healthier for me to write my daily irritations down, and publish them for "the world" (read:no-one) to see.

I'm pretty sure my problem is hypervigilance. I notice everything. And many, many things bother me.

One example is confusion about how to stand in line at the walgreens near my house.

You see, I visit this walgreens about 3 times a week, and there are two checkout lanes, right next to each other. Every customer with two brain cells to rub together realizes that the best way to stand in line is to have ONE LINE for both lanes. It's more orderly, and there's really not enough room for two lanes.

However, every once in awhile, some dipshit walks past a long line of people, and stands behind one of the lanes, as though he doesn't understand the concept of a single line.

One day, there were about 9 people in line, and this asshat walked past everyone. I was third in line, and the woman in front of me clearly didn't understand what was going on, so she just let this douche walk past her.

Of course, I stepped in.
After a brief shouting match, the man asked me if I was the "line monitor."

YES I AM, DIPSHIT

Perhaps my curmudgeonly ways will inspire a generation of individuals to develop common sense and courtesy. Or at least a healthy fear of getting on my nerves.

6 comments:

  1. You're hilarious:) Keep it up, and what exactly is an asshat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally had the exact same experience at the CVS across the street from my house. I told an old man with one arm that he needed to move to the back of the line. Fuck him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. People with one arm think they can get away with anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do NOT come to Taiwan. People cannot line up here. They are line-cutting fanatics. Extremely irritating. Hilarious post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen! Next week we'll see an expose' on Nightline about "Line Formation Blindness" - people who are constantly being yelled at for not recognizing the line at the checkout counter. There will be telethons, infomercials, and Susan G. Komen will have something else to sue people about. GAH!

    ReplyDelete